What is the best RAM test software? Find out the answer and learn how to test RAM for errors on both Windows and Mac.
There are numerous reasons for testing RAM in your desktop or laptop computer:
In the world of software, it's common to have a few close competitors vying for top dog. However when it comes to RAM testers, most computer experts and techies swear by just one name: Memtest86+
What makes Memtest86+ so universally popular and recommended?
If you're overclocking your RAM, we will recommend that you also perform a RAM stress test with Prime95 in Blend mode (for at least 12 hours) after passing Memtest86+.
1. Download Memtest86+ - Auto-installer for USB Key
2. Unzip the downloaded file and run Memtest86+ USB Installer.
3. Insert a blank USB flash drive into your computer and install Memtest86+ into this USB flash drive.
4. Restart your computer and enter the Boot Menu during start up (by pressing F12, F10 or Esc depending on your motherboard settings).
5. Choose your USB flash drive as the boot device.
6. Your computer will boot into Memtest86+ and the RAM test will begin. Let it run for at least 12 hours to make sure that your RAM is working fine.
Budget Computer: 2 x 4GB Crucial DDR4 3200Mhz
Mid Range Computer: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DD4 3600Mhz
Gaming Computer: 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Home Theater PC: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600Mhz